The 19 Year Mark!

Happy Anniversary to my beautiful wife!

It's funny, but on our wedding day I had turned to my wife-to-be just as we arrived to say our vows.

"Twenty and Out," I whispered. "Gotta' take it like a prison term."

Kathy laughed.

She often reminds me that we are getting close to the end of our run.

She also knows that Twenty and Out isn't going to work...

...at least for me...

...because we have had a wonderful run...

...no prison-like-conditions!

We have shared so much.

We have battled through epic sadness and have enjoyed the best of what life has to offer.

When I was just a teenager I walked in on my Dad and Mom doing a slow dance to Kenny Rogers song, Through the Years.

Dad, who had a wonderful voice, was singing along with the words.

Mom was looking up to him...

...smiling.

I can recall how emotional I was at that moment.

Just a beautiful moment.

And recently I heard the song again...

...and while I thought of Mom and Dad, of course, I started thinking about the song as it now applied to my marriage.

My wife has been a beautiful companion for this part of the ride.

Happy Anniversary!

(Now look at your freaking phone every now and again when I'm not by your side!)

I love you.

Through the Years- Kenny Rogers

I can't remember when you weren't there
When I didn't care for anyone but you
I swear, we've been through everything there is
Can't imagine anything we've missed
Can't imagine anything the two of us can't do

Through the years
You've never let me down
You turned my life around
The sweetest days I've found
I've found with you

Through the years I've never been afraid
I've loved the life we made
And I'm so glad that I've stayed with you
through the years.

I can't remember what I used to do
Who I trusted whom, I listened to before
I swear, you've taught me everything I know
Can't imagine needing someone so
But through the years it seems to me
I need you more and more

Through the years
Through all the good and bad
I knew how much we had
I've always been so glad to be with you

Through the years, it's better everyday
You've kissed my tears away
As long as it's okay
I'll stay with you,
Through the years.

Through the years when everything went wrong
Together we were strong
I know that I belonged
Right here with you
Through the years.

I never had a doubt
We'd always work things out
I've learned what life's about
By loving you
Through the years.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie