Strange Night!

What a strange night.

We had the Villanova game on at 6:30 so our house was a little upside down last night.

We get to watch every single 'Nova game with crazed nervousness.

Now, I'm not all that into the conference tournament games...never have been...I'm going to see the real Tourney next week...but try explaining it to Sam!

They HAVE to win every game.

So, we were watching as the unrest unfolded in Chicago.

"Are you watching this????" I was asked by text.

Now, unrest, in my lifetime has usually unfolded in the Middle East...

...not really here in the United States.

But make no mistake:

It was unrest.

At a Trump rally of all places!!!

How could there be unrest in a place where the man speaking once mentioned of a protester:

"I wish I could punch him in the face."

Or something along the lines of:

"I will pay the legal fees for anyone who beats up a protester."

I didn't switch to a news channel.

We just kept watching 'Nova beat Providence.

There might just be coverage of the rally during the course of the day today...

...but my heart did sink a little.

Welcome to the election for the highest office in the land.

Scary Weird.

But both sides hunkered down and made their loud, screaming points.

"I don't know what is going to happen to this country in your lifetime," I said to Jake.

"It's your generation that is nasty," he mentioned.

He's right.

Perhaps peace will take hold when we're done arguing.

The 'Nova game gave way to the St. Bonaventure game.

Matt took a bus to Brooklyn for it.

They were comfortably ahead when I decided to watch Dateline instead.

I missed the end of Dateline as I am prone to do.

I also missed the St. Bonaventure melt down.

We're gonna' have one loud, obnoxious kid around here and one subdued, peaceful hurting kid.

Kinda' sounds like the presidential race.

And tonight we spring ahead!

The fun continues!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie