Between A Laugh And A Tear

Yesterday I thought of the Mellencamp line in that song:

"Sometimes life is just too ridiculous to live."

Now I don't think JCM was advocating suicide there...

...but there are certainly moments.

Let me break it down for you.

Woke to the message on my phone from my beautiful wife that said:

"Let me know when you're up."

Then she called.

The car had broken down.

She hadn't wanted to bother me with phone calls because I wasn't feeling great so she got a ride to work but now there was work to be done.

I scrambled around for the better part of two hours making sure that the vehicle was towed to a lot.

I still had some paperwork to do so I rushed back and just started to get to it when I heard some rage coming from downstairs.

"What's up?"

"My phone is broke!!!!"

That was coming from an 18-year old who couldn't possibly be expected to function without a phone for even thirty minutes.

That's when I thought of the Mellencamp line!

Eventually it all settled long enough for us to take a deep breath.

Sam, who is going for absolute sainthood, turned his phone over to his brother for a couple of days as the new one comes in.

The car is in the shop.

The sickness is thankfully starting to show signs of loosening its grip.

Our brackets are mostly shot though...

...but Sam summed it up.

"At least we have more games on today. And you have pasta."

Yep.

Between a laugh and a tear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie