Stop Arguing!!!

My conscious decision for 2016 was to avoid long, drawn-out debates on social media about any and all subjects.

I must admit that it is not quite as easy as it sounds.

Partly because I was trained to argue any and everything.

My Dad made us argue...he wanted us to think about all sides of a subject.

I purposely followed the same script with my boys.

You have no idea how many times that I have argued a point that I don't believe in just to make them wonder if there is some validity in how others are seeing things.

It's good for them.

But still, I got tired of being caught in an argument I had no chance of winning with a total stranger who has no idea what the difference is between 'your' or 'you're' or 'there', 'they're' or 'there'.

Or 'two', 'to' or 'too' for that matter.

Anywhoha...

I was doing okay too.

I argued a little about Shady McCoy and his involvement in the beatdown of an off-duty cop, but from January through March I steered clear of guns, Drumpf and Obama discussions.

Until Wednesday.

On Tuesday night, I read an article about Nancy Reagan's funeral.

Nancy Reagan was a fine first lady who was class personified in all of her dealings. She was even forward-thinking enough to plan her final services and in the article I read it stated that her funeral would be an invitation-only event that would almost certainly exclude President Obama.

When I read that article I braced for what I knew I would see the next day.

"Obama is a disgrace!"

"What a piece of %$$&!!"


These posts would be coming from a group who had a coronary when Natalie Maines bashed the sitting president back when George W. was in charge.

"Have respect for the office!!!" Those people screamed then.

As we know...the respect for the highest office in the land is non-existent now.

Anywhoha again...

I couldn't take it.

I argued on social media.

"He wasn't invited," by me, was met with utter disdain.

"Why isn't he invited? Goes to show you that he's a disgraceful POS!!!!"

Why bother?

It just galled me.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

I got it off my chest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie