Time to Close Social Media?

The entire Elon Musk buying Twitter ordeal has been irritating at least, and aggravating at most.

He’s one of the richest guys in the world, allegedly, and he wants to charge $8 for verification for people who are experts in their field.

I find the entire process weird.

I actually got an application to become verified a few years back, but was too impatient to even fill out the form.

The entire social media deal is kinda’ weird.

A whole lot of arguing between strangers.

 If you mention that you like something…Bruce, pasta, the Yankees…a hundred people are waiting to tell you how stupid you are.

Then a day like Election Day.

A thousand people posting:

“I voted!”

Which leads to a brand new argument because the country is unbelievably divided.

Then the rich dude floated the idea that all of Twitter may soon be behind a paywall.

I’m out if it comes to that.

I’ll figure out how to read news stories somewhere else.

I’ve already figured out that the best thing to do is post jokes and leave my real life out of it.

And I definitely don’t feel like arguing with a bunch of people who punctuate their big insult by writing:

“Your dumb!”

I mean how can I not respond with:

“*You’re *”

That always aggravates them!

So, perhaps…

…social media will simply phase out.

And we’ll all go back to talking.

My God, can you imagine?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie