More Than Six-Feet!!


 I woke up with a fire in my belly! 

I was going to clear snow, be the man of the house, and make sure that we were mobile if we had to be.

Then I opened the door to that!

There was more than 6’ of very heavy, packed snow. It all fell in a 24-Hour period, breaking records for snowfall all across the country.

Ever!

I spent 20 minutes…our two cars the big lumps there being my goal.

We both left items in our vehicles and I wanted to try and get the doors open.

I was breathing heavy pretty quickly.

My back was killing me within 10 minutes.

An unmitigated disaster!

“Do a little at a time,” wasn’t going to work.

“It’s good exercise,” didn’t comfort me.

“I cleared out our cars,” from someone in another county who got about 4’ less than we did.

I returned to the couch and we watched a show.

“We’re so screwed,” I said over and over.

A few hours later, I made it to our vehicles and retrieved our prized possessions.

I checked out the depth of the snow behind each car. At least 5 feet!

Then I saw some lights in the driveway next door. I texted my neighbor.

“I hired them to clear behind my car,” she said. “I’ll see if they’ll help you.”

I went out to greet the guy.

“We can clear out the snow behind your vehicles,” the young guy said. “A hundred.”

I happily paid him.

“You need me for anything?” I asked.

“If I were you I’d go back in the house,” he said.

So, I did.

I have a whole lot of work tomorrow to finish getting us clear, but now I have a chance!

I hope.

They’re calling for more snow tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie