A Writing Day

Kathy hasn’t been able to Black Friday shop in years. She decided that this year she would give it a shot.

Cost me a fortune.

She didn’t stop talking about it in the lead up to it either.

But I decided to take advantage and plotted a writing day. Most of the 2023 book is down, but there’s still a lot to do.

I went to the computer by 9:00 and outside of a couple of breaks, I stopped myself at 4:00.

Big day off, huh?

But it’s great fun, of course.

And I thought about how exciting the rewrite is going to be.

This is a story that is about me. Straight up. No hiding behind characters. No pretending that I didn’t do the stupid stuff that I did over and over again.

And the Tracy Chapman song, ‘Telling Stories’ came on as I was writing.

Of course the telling of a story is as old as time itself and I often wonder about the memories.

Is it exactly how it happened or is there a writer’s embellishment on it?

I’m not sure, but I mentioned the manuscript the other day and told Kathy the title.

She immediately ripped off a half dozen stories that chronicled my stupidity.

“They’re all in there,” I said.

“I can probably think of a dozen more,” she said.

Yeah.

I know.

More work today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie