Black Friday is Coming

There aren’t many days that Kathy gets really fired up for, but over the last couple of weeks she has mentioned:

“I’m going Black Friday shopping.”

Now, for me, such a day out would be akin to torture.

People!

Jammed everywhere.

Hate that.

Stores and store clerks!

Hate them!

Lunch in a crowded restaurant.

Bah!

Yet, here’s the thing:

Kathy doesn’t normally even like to shop!

She falls into the trappings of it all…

…she gets things cause they’re on sale.

And it’s like a sport to her.

“Are you donating to my Black Friday shopping fund?” She asked me last night.

“There’s a fund? How much are people traditionally donating?”

“It’s up to the person,” she said. “We’re looking for a healthy donation from you.”

I laughed.

“You should do a 5k walk,” I said. “Get people to donate that way.”

Black Friday.

I’m looking forward to it too, though…

…house to myself sort of thing.

Best part about it?

The boys, when asked what they want for Christmas…

…yeah.

Cash.

The Black Friday fund is going to suffer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie