It’s Not Funny

The Buffalo Bills may be snake bit.

I’m not breaking any news to any of the people from Western New York.

Not truly interested in rehashing the wide right or the music city miracle, 13 seconds, or the 4 straight super bowl losses but when you lose a game like they did yesterday…

…well it’s hard not to chuckle.

They made a huge stop on 4th down to get the ball back with just 30 seconds left.

I walked out of the room!

I had dishes to clean up from the fettuccine and red sauce with pork ribs.

(Sauce was perfect).

And I heard Kathy yell:

“What the f**k?”

“What?” I asked.

“They fumbled. Touchdown.”

I didn’t laugh then. 

I felt too badly for Kathy - who was truly invested - and the boys - one of which (Sam) was gifted seats at the 50 from my buddy.

“Best game I’ve ever been at, and beat seats ever,” Sam texted when it looked like they were going to win.

“There’s still time,” I said after the fumble, and I looked prophetic because the Bills DID force overtime.

They lost the coin flip and gave up a field goal.

I didn’t laugh then.

“They can still win,” I said.

And I looked prophetic as they marched down the field.

But then Allen threw a bad interception and they lost.

I didn’t laugh then.

We immediately shut off the game and went to the last episode of Yellowstone.

(New season started last night).

Halfway through Yellowstone, I finally burst out laughing.

“What?” Kathy asked.

“The Bills!” I said. “What a franchise.”

Kathy laughed too.

“It’ll all be worth it someday.” I said.

“Maybe they SHOULD take O.J. off the wall,” Kathy said.

We were both laughing by then.

All you can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie