Pastors of Hate

I saw an Evangelical preacher speaking about the mass shooting in Colorado last week.

The man was explaining that while he doesn’t condone violence that he isn’t sad about it.

In his 5-minute rant he explained that those ‘queers’ got what they had coming to them.

That guy wasn’t alone.

Mainstream Republican talking heads were also ‘happy’ with the result.

The father of the alleged shooter breathed a sigh of relief when he found out that his son was the shooter and not gay.

Wow.

It’s bad enough that there were mass shootings every day last week, now we have people - and men who claim to be prophets of God - actively cheering the deaths.

I’m sitting here thinking about how to even comment on all of this.

People gunned down in a social setting and then blamed for their own deaths because of their lifestyle choices.

And in the name of God?

The ‘pastor’ was dropping the name Jesus Christ in his rant.

Must be a different Jesus Christ that I studied and read about.

How does my Bible teach me love, faith, compassion and tolerance while theirs teaches them hate, rage, intolerance, violence and rage?

Worse, why do all the rest of us have to live in their warped misunderstanding of what the teachings of Jesus Christ means to them?

I’d direct you to the page of this so-called Man of God but I won’t because:

1). It’ll make you sick.

And 

2). If it doesn’t, you need to re-examine things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie