40 Days of Rotisserie Chicken

The Phillies lost the World Series to those cheaters from Houston and most of the country wasn’t fond of that outcome, but there was some good news out of the city.

A Philadelphia man decided, on September 28th that he was going to eat a rotisserie chicken every day. He didn’t really have a reason for the strange idea, and he was planning on only going for 7 days, but after easily doing it for a week, he set his sights on 30 days, and then started thinking that his little stunt was good for humanity and that 40 days made more sense.


That’s the poster he used to advertise his 40th and last bird to be consumed at noon at a Philly outpost. Hundreds of people showed up.

I still don’t know what to even make of this story. I do grab a rotisserie chicken a week for Ollie - I started the tradition with Melky - and the dogs seem to really enjoy it.

We have also grabbed a chicken here and there for dinner through the years and Sam is huge on it as the featured meat.

But 40 straight days???

The guy said that it was a struggle both physically and mentally, and I thought back to when I was in California during the summer of ‘83 and I mentioned to my Mom that I’d rather have pasta than whatever she was making for dinner.

Mom called my bluff.

No matter what the rest of the family was having Mom served me rigatoni and sauce. Her plan was to hear me say:

“Please! No more pasta.”

I didn’t quit.

Mom did.

My pasta eating run only lasted 21 days, but I could’ve made it 40 days easy.

But rotisserie chicken?

Yeah.

Wouldn’t last long there.

So, the Phillies didn’t win the World Series, but Alexander Tominsky handled 40 straight days.

Congrats!

I wonder what he will have for dinner tonight.

I bet it’s a long while  before he has chicken again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie