“What the Hell is Wrong with Us?”

A great question was posed by Governor Newsom of California following the mass shooting yesterday in San Jose.

I listened to it all a little more closely because I lived and worked in San Jose for about 8 months back in the late 80’s.

It was a pretty cool place even back then.

Of course I was initially appalled by the news, but I was shrugging it off a little while later.

Why get all worked up over it?

It’s going to play out elsewhere in a couple of weeks. Just pray it isn’t in your town. Don’t listen to the usual banter.

It’s the same thing over and over.

The leaders praise the response.

A few people mention that they’re heartbroken.

Idiot Senators, who have the power to help, send out ‘thoughts and prayers’ and then it all goes away.

“Rinse and repeat,” Newsom mentioned just before he uttered the question of the decade:

“What the hell is wrong with us?”

It doesn’t happen elsewhere. All other nations have mentally ill people and violent video games. They have every societal issue as we do here in the land of mass shootings.

Except one thing:

Any guesses?

Right! Basically unfettered access to any weapon you want!!

“We’re free!!”

I spoke to a guy a couple of weeks ago. He was heading to West Virginia to buy an AR-15.

“Can you do that?” I asked.

“West Virginia is allowed to sell them to residents. Guy who is selling it to me said that he can do it because who is he to know whether or not I have a hunting cabin in West Virginia. He asked me if I had one and was nodding his head to get me to say ‘yes’. It was pretty funny.

Hilarious!

“I’d get in trouble for bringing it across state lines, but I’ll drive slow.”

I was curious.

“Why do you want it?” I asked.

“This government is about to blow the hell up,” he said. “I’m going to need it to defend my family.”

Then he asked me a question.

“When there are armed marauders surrounding your home what are you going to do?”

“Get shot to death,” I answered, and he laughed.

To be honest, the guy I was talking to was a tad uneven.

Not sure he should have such a weapon, but who knows?

That’s how the guns move around.

And fall into the hands of people who are on the outskirts of society and have zero regard for human life.

“What the hell are we doing?”

Absolutely nothing!

Good luck to all.

The traveling gun show is coming to a town near you.

Horrible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie