Enough with the Commercials!

Why do they advertise for drugs on television?

Especially some of those that are about subjects that may be a tad personal?

The other night I was starting my dinner as a commercial came on with a woman giving a testimonial about her problems in the bathroom.

As I worked on the first forkful of pasta she mentioned that she was having problems with oily stools.

What the hell is going on?

And it’s not like a ten-second commercial!

We get a documentary from this woman about how she also has bleeding from the rectum on occasion and her particular condition causes chronic diarrhea.

“I’m trying to eat!” I yelled at the television and then I started looking for the remote that - in my house - can be anywhere at all but on the table beside the couch!

(Every day is an Easter egg hunt as some members of the family search for the remote - I refuse to look!)

Anywhoha…

…why do drug companies advertise?

Don’t doctors prescribe drugs?

Are there people sitting there thinking:

“You know! Come to think of it, I also shit my pants at in opportune times! And let me tell you about oily stools!! What’s the name of this drug? I’m gonna’ get me some!”

Then there are the list of side-effects.

“You may have suicidal or homicidal thoughts. If you do, see your doctor.”

How’s that work?

“Sorry I’m murdering you, it’s that drug they advertised, but you know, my rectum isn’t bleeding anymore.”

Get the drug-pedaling off the tube!

I’m trying to eat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie