Cancer Sucks

It’s a simple word that has destroyed so many lives.

Cancer.

And we have bike rides, 5-k events, concerts, congressional hearings, and pleas for help.

For awareness.

We are aware!

Why haven’t we ever arrived at a cure?

It’s a money-maker to be sure.

Angers me to no end when I see someone on social media begging for money to pay for medical treatment.

I can’t even recall all the people who’ve been lost to cancer in my life.

Men and women of all ages. Too damn soon. Way too painful to even comprehend.

And life is absolutely incomprehensible when a child is lost to cancer.

There’s not a single thing that can be said to offer comfort.

Because we don’t have the mental capacity to grasp what is supposed to be some divine plan.

I can’t even look at the commercials for St. Jude.

I recall every minute of my son’s health difficulties in the early part of his life.

We got the miracle we were counting on, but one of the things that stuck with me all of these years were the other children that we met during my son’s hospital stay.

Beautiful, perfect children with loving families…

…who didn’t get to take them home.

It’s too sad to even do too much deep thinking on all of it.

Cancer.

Sucks.

Let’s get rid of it.

Make some money some other way.

Ah.

Damn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie