Mask Down?

Gleyber Torres, the shortstop of the Yankees, has Covid for the second time.

Shortly after he’d been vaccinated.

Which is a tad disconcerting because I think that people that are vaccinated thought they would be home free.

The Gleyber news also comes on a day when the CDC said that vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks outdoors (obviously) or now even indoors in small groups with other vaccinated people.

I still have my mask. I don’t wear it much more than when I’m in a grocery store at this point.

We’re almost there, but I had a group with 36 students. I asked who was vaccinated.

Four hands were raised.

One was mine.

So, I’m not quite sure how it ever truly goes away.

Vaccinated people don’t have to wear masks.

People who don’t want to get vaccinated and never wanted to wear masks…

…now won’t wear them and if asked will say that they’re already vaccinated.

Then people who have been vaccinated and already have had it…

…will get it again?

“What do you make of the new CDC rules?” Kathy asked.

“Who the hell knows?” I answered.

That’s been my answer since about August of 2020.

Who

The

Hell

Knows?

Maybe it’s over.

Perhaps it’s just begun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie