Thirty-Nine Degrees

I rarely take days off which is detrimental to my mental health so a week or so we schemed a Friday for golf.

Unfortunately we chose this past Friday. Instead of teeing off, I jumped in the car to grab a few things from the grocery store.

The windshield wipers were on full blast and the temp read 39.

Thirty-*****ng-nine-degrees on May 28th!

I got under a blanket and we watched a few hours of Modern Family as I answered work calls.

Wasn’t a whole lot better on Saturday.

And there’s not a whole lot anyone can do about it.

“It is what it is.” (Which is my least favorite saying).

But Memorial Day Weekend as a kid was my all-time holiday.

We always planted the garden on Memorial Day weekend.

Then it was on!

Beers and a campfire. Basketball games, cookouts.

A few more beers.

Can’t do that in 39-degree weather.

But I tried to salvage a little bit. June the 2 is coming up and I’ll be on the road…

…and I caught myself thinking of Uncle Jim…

…so, yeah, I grabbed a whole bunch of pork chops and I throughly enjoyed a couple…

…and then a couple more.

Yankees are back playing like their in spring training again…

…the sun isn’t shining…

…but man, the chops were good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie