Movie Magic

We watched the new Michael B. Jordan flick.

There was a lot of action and he is really jacked.

He had his shirt off early on and I waited for it to be said.

“Looks like you,” Kathy said.

“Exactly.”

There was a massive gunfight in an early scene and Creed would’ve died right there but the bad guy’s gun jammed.

“That was fortunate,” I remarked.

The next scene was a battle with fists and Michael B. took on 4 guys. He took a number of punches himself and a kick to the head, but he escaped the scene by hurtling himself through a skylight and fell 20’ to the concrete below.

He got up and ran.

“I’ve seen the results of 20’ falls,” I said. “No one gets up and runs.”

“Even men in the kind of shape like you and him?” Kathy asked.

“I’d even have trouble with that one,” I mentioned.

There was another gunfight and three more fist fights. He even threw a grenade that killed everyone else before he escaped the building, jumped in a vehicle and drove away.

“He was limping,” Kathy said.

“Wimp,” I chided.

And it was a government espionage type of movie (was actually pretty good) where he is forced to exact revenge for the death of his pregnant wife.

He cried for a full scene and there was a flashback that showed their lives as soulmates.

“She was eight months pregnant, a little bitchy, and was nagging him about his career choices,” I said. “The killer may have done B. Jordan a favor.”

“Oh!” Kathy said.

Thing is, those action adventure ones always rely on the audience suspending belief. The gun scenes always make me laugh.

It can be ten against one but their bullets always miss and the good guy plucks them one by one with perfect shots every time.

A number of the bad guys shots get real close, and sometimes one will graze the good guy’s shoulder.

“Ugh,” he says, in response to being shot, and then he dabs at his shoulder. 

“I’m fine!”

But they’re just making movies, right?

After the good guy rids the world of the 32 bad guys, he swings by the cemetery.

“I got ‘em baby. I’ll miss you!”

How many variations of that movie have you watched through the years?

“It was all right,” Kathy said as the credits rolled. 

“You didn’t get taken from the plot when you saw him bare-chested? I know you were thinking of me.”

“Yeah. No. That didn’t happen.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie