Takes A Month

 “Monday when the foreman calls time I’ve already got Friday on my mind.”

I’ve been singing that line every week since Bruce released ‘Out in the Street’ back in 1980.

Seems it takes a month for Friday to get here these days, and for the first time in my working career, I’ve been trying to pick spots where I get a little bit of rest each week.

I make my own schedule so I’ve tried to pick a day a week where I don’t leave for work until like 7:30.

That’s late!

Thursday was a day when I left the house at around 5:30 so Friday was the perfect day to stay in bed a little longer.

One problem:

Miller!

Unfortunately, he’s already indoctrinated so he wasn’t in on my little plan.

Bastard had me up before six.

So, I left way earlier than I wanted to.

The first guy I saw brought it up.

“How’s it going?” I asked.

“It’s Friday.”

“About damn time.”

And ever since Covid hit I’ve wondered what the hell I’ve done in spending so many hours at  work.

Last March, I made a conscious decision to slow down. Life is too damn short!

Problem being, I haven’t actually done it yet!

But it’s Saturday!

I’ll try again to stay in bed this morning...

...but Miller!

Anyone want to buy a cat?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie