All Masked Up?

It’s pretty confusing out there, huh?

I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things and while I had my mask around my neck, I stopped and read the sign at the entrance.

If you’re fully vaccinated - no mask required.

If you are not vaccinated - masks are required.

“Huh.”

Felt weird, first of all to not pull up my mask although I did when someone with a mask (there were a few) got close.

And man, if there’s one thing I’ve hated about all of this (and there’s way more than one) is that everyone is a brilliant epidemiologist.

“Masks don’t do anything anyway.”

“The mask is worse for you!”

“Fauci and Gates have a master plan and if you don’t see that you’re an idiot!”

The majority of the people at the store didn’t have masks on. The cynic in me (and he’s grown in the last 10 years) believes that some people without masks aren’t actually vaccinated.

Which makes this confusing.

Can the variants eventually cause a problem?

Are we actually out of it?

A young woman was at the meat counter. She smiled.

Felt good to see a smile.

“I love not having to mask up,” she said.

“Me too, but I feel a little weird.”

She laughed.

“Me too! I was just thinking that.”

An older gentlemen heard us.

“You should’ve never even worn one,” he growled.

He disappeared down the cereal aisle.

“Bet you a buck he ain’t vaccinated,” the woman said.

I wouldn’t bet her. No way he was. The honor system didn’t mean much to him either…

…cause he knows better than all those lying scientists.

Not gonna’ think about it all that much, I guess…

…just happy that less people are getting sick and dying.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie