Never Talk Politics Again

I’m not quite sure when political parties became rooting interests like following a sports team.

It may have been happening when I was a kid, but I don’t think so. I don’t recall my parents all worked up in a lather over what the republicans or democrats were doing.

Yeah, a little here or there to be sure, but to the point when they can’t stand a fellow American?

I sure as heck don’t ever recall dressing out your truck with the name of a politician.

That’s so weird to me.

Anyway, with all the disinformation and half-truths out there I think it’s time that we all...

...shut the hell up!

I know I’ve been tired of it for years.

I learned long ago that I’m not going to persuade anyone, no matter how much truth I have on my side.

Because lies carry just as much weight!

I’ve heard about pedophile rings being run out of pizza shops, first-ladies being called men who had sex changes, and other blatant lies being spit as truths.

Most people are poorly informed and there are way too many shows on where the lies are told, and the announcers don’t even shy away from them.

Lies, half-truths, or the truth are all the same.

Sunday morning news shows??

Useless!

Arguing with Billy at the water cooler?

Pointless!!

My days are better when I’m oblivious to it.

I do a good job of scrolling on by, most of the time, but once in a blue moon I get sucked in.

And it angers me that I got all worked up to try and change the mind of someone who’s opinions are engraved in their minds.

So.

Let’s all shut the hell up!

No more foam fingers with a candidates name on them.

No more commenting on someone who is spewing garbage just to get a line in the news.

And if you’re a social media giant who loves a good take-down of a deplorable or a libtard...

...you’re part of the huge problem.

Just shut the hell up!

I’m gonna’ try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie