Things Have Changed

It seems as though we are on the road to full recovery. I’ve still seen masks on most every face in grocery stores, at banks, etc., but vaccinated people can now leave them off in most other circumstances.

We are on an honor system of sorts as those who aren’t vaccinated are supposed to still protect others.

That’s kind of funny. I’m thinking that those who won’t wear a mask may also lie about their vaccination status.

What can you do?

I still have a mask and will have one with me for quite awhile, but I’ve noticed some differences as the pandemic hits the home stretch.

People’s attitudes have changed. There was a lot of thankfulness for essential employees at the start of Covid but as the pay level lingers below the poverty line some of those workers aren’t enthusiastic about heading back out there.

Others have figured out that making money for rich people isn’t quite as important as they believed it was.

Still others have re-assessed their life goals. Maybe they lost someone close to them. Perhaps they got sick, and battled through it.

In any regard, life seems different, doesn’t it?

My work schedule didn’t change a whole lot but our business took a hit, for sure. Adjustments had to be made. My company treated me well.

But I’ve felt a change in some of the relationships I had with some of the workers.

I learned the politics of so many people. Some have completely different opinions. No one is quiet about what they think.

I didn’t enjoy much of that.

I also thought a lot about taking care of myself a little better. There have been days when I’ve started much slower.

There are afternoons when I’ve left that last job on the schedule as I try and juggle everything.

I’ve lectured myself to enjoy things a little more because if Covid taught me anything it was that family, friends and life shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Five, ten or twenty years from now we will know a lot more about what was handled poorly.

Hopefully these changes lead to positive results for people who have suffered mightily through this.

Enjoy your life.

Whatever it takes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie