Hold Back Time

I saw a Dateline the other day. The woman who was featured in it was a good-looking 50-something woman. 

When the decades old crime occurred she was a stunning 20-something woman.

Seeing her age from picture to picture was a little weird.

Then there was a commercial with Brooke Shields. When I think of her I picture 30-year-old Brooke.

She has wrinkles now.

On Sunday I golfed with my old friend Bob. I’ve known him for more than 20 years and golfed with him a few times.

He was talking about hitting from the senior tees and he was worried about getting it to the fairway on the longest of holes.

It kind of depressed me, and I knew it shouldn’t! 

I want to play golf into my 70’s, but over the last few years I’ve actually hit the ball further than I did when I was 18 years old.

Just better technique.

Still, I’m going to go the other way and probably within the next ten years!

Brought me down a little.

I definitely need to ice after a round now…here at 56 years old…and my first hour out of bed the next day is usually rough…what will 10-15 years do?

I don’t want to hit from the senior tees!

I want to keep getting better…

…time is going to take me down the hill.

Then, following the round, we snapped a selfie.

I don’t see myself age.

But Facebook also granted me a memory of four of us also standing there back in 2012.

“I look old!” I thought after checking both photos.

My golf partner on Sunday did offer a little perspective.

“I’ve lost a lot off my drives lately,” Bob said. “But I’m happy to be getting older. The alternative doesn’t appeal to me.”

I hear that…

…but I don’t want to lose yards off my drive!

It took me decades to learn how to hit it right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie