The Ball is Heavy

Waiting for the sun to show up so that the ball starts to travel out there.

It was 47 degrees when we teed-off  on Sunday, and yeah, I got out on Mother’s Day.

I asked Kathy what she wanted out of Sunday and she said, “I want you to golf so you’re better mentally this coming week.”

Good idea.

Yet, the thing about golf…

…I was absolutely infuriated on hole 12 because even though I put the ball on the green on the par 3…

…I stood over an 8’ putt and promptly made it a 12’ putt because I ran it WAY FREAKING past the hole.

No birdie.

Missed the par putt.

Mental health!

I was absolutely furious!

I’m pretty sure that we all lost balls in the fairway because they burrowed under the ground.

Couldn’t find them!

But the worst part was that the ball wasn’t going as far as it should because the air was simply heavy and there was absolutely no bounce.

“How’d it go?” Kathy asked as soon as I walked in.

“Ahh, gonna’ think about some of the bad shots for a week.”

“Just think of the good ones.”

Great advice, but for the last year or so I’ve been able to review ALL THE SHOTS.

We have been playing at the same course so it’s easy to go through the entire round…

…shot by shot by shot.

I learned one other thing about golf on Sunday.

“I’m done hitting putts like that,” I lectured myself between 12 & 13.

I hit some great putts between 13 & 18.

No 3-putts the rest of the way.

The temperature is supposed to be way higher 5 days from now.

Counting the minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie