The Irishman

I finally set aside the 209 minutes to watch “The Irishman.”

Scorsese, Pacino, Pesci, DeNiro.

There’s been a whole lot of hype.

It was released on Netflix and a whole lot of people have watched it.

The actors were young, middle-aged and old.

Just an amazing job to put the characters in the right scenes at the right time.

First off, the actors are terrific. Pesci was terrific. DeNiro was outstanding. Pacino owned the screen every time he was on it...

...and Ray Romano!

He’s turning into a really good actor.

The story is one that brushes up against the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Kennedys and Hoffa.

I’ve heard people say that it’s too long...

...bull!

I could’ve watched it for 8 hours.

The story of DeNiro’s character’s relationship with his daughters made me think about the scene at the end of the Sopranos when Uncle Junior has slipped into dementia and Tony Soprano goes to see him and says:

“You ran the whole operation!”

And Junior says:

“Oh, that’s nice.”

All in all, a terrific movie.

“There has to be something when you go. ‘Cause how the hell did this all start?”

Has to be seen.

Someone needs to win an award.

Or seven.

I’ll be rooting for all of them.

Best flick I saw in 2019.

I might watch it again soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie