Greta - Time Person of the Year

Science and facts are routinely dismissed by theories and flat-out lies.

I wasn’t much into science...

...a lot of it went over my head in school.

I was more interested in fiction.

But I tend to believe that there have been climate changes and that perhaps, somewhere along the way we might want to address a growing threat.

There is a huge camp of people who believe that the planet has been around for quite some time and that any problems that we’re having now will be handled by the planet itself.

Maybe.

Perhaps the fix will be to wipe the human race off the face.

Then there won’t be anyone around to debate whether or not Greta - the 16-year-old activist should’ve been chosen as the Time person of the year.

I don’t understand a lot of the absolute hatred that some people spew on social media, but it’s certainly out there.

Maybe taking a shot, here or there, at a politician or a sports star isn’t the greatest of all options, but to argue, send threats, and just go out of the way to obliterate a 16-year old girl?

Because she has spoken out?

About climate change??

My first inkling is to think “leave her alone.”

The fact that she received the honor?

“Good for her.”

Of course, Trump couldn’t let it stand.

He wanted the award!

So he bashed her.

Which made me care about it.

When will the attacks stop?

Disabled reporters, NFL players, war heroes, former presidents, the FBI, the justice system, other foreign leaders, and 16-year old kids.

He attacks everyone.

Nasty, unsolicited, unending attacks.

One after another.

Day after day.

Everyone is fair game.

Except Putin.

Am I happy that Greta won?

I wasn’t...

...didn’t care one way or another...

...until the orange ball of hate got involved.

Now I’m all for it.

Go Greta!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie