2019 - That’s A Wrap!

Here at Camp Clifford we had a pretty trying year.

Kathy’s accident - struck from behind by a driver who never touched her brake - dominated our day-to-day.

We’re hoping the recovery continues.

Slow and steady.

So, that’s the way we end 2019...

...good riddance.

But I’ve always wanted to move the story forward. It’s true of writing and it’s true of life...

...keep building.

Keep an eye on what happened, but accept the new realities and build on them.

So, what do I really want of 2020?

1). Some national stability.

The chaos has to end. Three years of petty, constant, incessant drama has sucked. There are people who thrive on chaos. There are leaders who create chaos to see what happens...

...it drives me crazy.

I love order. I live for routine. I like control and structure. We haven’t had it. There’s an impeachment on the horizon. Chaos will rule the day for a while longer. So, I’ll try and stay above that fray because it was making me mental.

2). Some rest.

In the way of an actual vacation. There has to be an unplugging. One of my buddies texted just before Christmas to let a few of us know that he was going off-line for a week.

I can’t even imagine. We went away for a full week back in 2008. That’s the last time I felt as if I was really away from it all.

That’s too long a stretch and I have to do it this year. It’ll reenergize me.

3). A Yankees World Series!

It’s been ten years! How long must we all suffer? I’m tired of saying the 27-Time World Champions.

Gerrit Cole is onboard. They can’t possibly have as many injuries as they had last year when they won 103 games. Enough is enough!

I want a championship!

4). Bruuuuuuccccceeee!

Springsteen has publicly stated that he has a rock record ready for the E-Street Band. He wrote a book, performed on Broadway and wrote a movie.

“I’m going back to my day job,” he said.

Bruce and the band on tour. Billy Joel at the Bills Stadium.

Hell, I’d take a Stones record too.

Let’s rock and roll.

4). Health!

For my family and friends and me too.

I played 18 rounds of golf in 2019 and we got a late start because the weather was atrocious in what should have been spring.

I had a half dozen rounds under 90 with a low of 84. That’s only 5 off my lowest round ever...

...I shot 79 at Golden Gate Golf Course in San Francisco when I was 17 years old.

To be able to get there again?

Would be a miracle!

5). Peace on Earth

Hate crimes.

School shootings.

Church shootings.

Racism, anti-gay, discrimination, and Red versus Blue.

It has to stop!

America really needs to start the ball rolling in another direction here or I’m afraid it may actually be too late. It has to happen or...

...I don’t know what.

Don’t want to find out.

Can we get there?

I might have a better shot at shooting that 79.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie