Bored to Death

So, wish I could say that the patient was moving better.

The braces are still on, the movements are stifled...

...so these few days of rest have been truly restful.

I have a bit of a routine, of course.

I work on writing stuff for a few hours each morning...

...then plan and work on dinner.

Maybe clean-up a bit.

I’m usually awake a few hours before Kathy...so those are nice, quiet hours.

Me & the doggies.

I was at the computer when I heard Kathy wake up yesterday...

...she’s still on the couch because bed is too much.

“Clifford!”

“Working,” I called back.

“On what?”

“Books!”

“Ahh.”

I know she needed coffee. Brought it to her.

“Need an hour,” I said.

By noon, we were settled, watching the show:

“Get Shorty”.

On our phones.

Jake and a buddy came by for dinner.

Roast, mashed potatoes and corn and I even baked brownies.

Back to the television.

“I’m so bored,” the patient said.

“Couple of more weeks,” I mentioned.

“And you’re leaving Monday,” she moaned.

“I gotta’ work.”

A couple of minutes passed.

“I’m bored,” she said.

“Don’t know what to tell you.”

Couple of more minutes.

“I’m going to bingo tomorrow,” she said.

I thought of a couple of “free” hours. I’d work some more.

“Don’t get that look,” she said. “You’re going too.”

Bah!

I’m going to bingo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie