Strange Days Indeed

Had a John Lennon line as an ear worm:

“Strange days indeed. Most peculiar, Mama.”

The day started with a realization:

“My windshield is cracked again!”

Three weeks ago, I had my windshield replaced. After it defrosted on Tuesday morning I noticed that the crack was spreading across the driver’s side to where Melky sits.

Bah!

“I read the news today, oh boy.”

Picked up the paper and noted that there would be gatherings in 500 cities to group Americans together to let Congress know that Trump must go.

I’ve grown weary. The lies are too much. Then came a rambling 6-page letter filled with straight-up lies, exclamation points and utter nastiness.

Was this what people had in mind?

The media is crooked, Hollywood is dumb, the FBI is filled with criminals, our intelligence groups were all wrong, the Pope sucks, other world leaders are dumb-dumbs, Kim Jong Un really loves him and Russia is better than the Democrats.

That’s what 40% of the country believes?

At home, a friend who lost her 20-year old boyfriend to a long-term sickness stopped by to say hello. I felt so badly for her.

My own wife is still struggling to walk.

My boys can’t talk about anything but how the Bills can make a super bowl run this year, next year and the dozen years after that.

And then I received an email.

The book is done.

I just had to go to Amazon and get the kindle version set, have the manuscript be reviewed and accepted for inclusion on the site, and officially release it.

“Where were you?” Kathy asked.

“Putting the book out.”

“Oh. Cool.”

“I’m just sitting here watching the wheels go ‘round and ‘round. How I love to watch them roll.”

“You have an appointment to get the glass replaced and then a massage after that,” Kathy said.

Well.

That’s a full day.

And just think!

One week until Christmas and tomorrow they actually impeach the dude.

“Most peculiar, Mama.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie