Facts Still Matter

It wasn’t a perfect call.

They hid it immediately.

Giuliani was not acting in any government capacity.

Nunes was in the Ukraine and he was on the phone with people who’ve been charged with a felony. He should have owned up to that.

Putin doesn’t love America.

Democrats didn’t fix the election so they could lose and then frame Trump.

We definitely need to deal only in the facts...

...yet the disinformation is allowed to live because:

One person tells the lie and then 40 people say it too.

The intelligence of our country told the world that Russia attacked our election in 2016.

Ukraine didn’t.

But that FACT has had no bearing on the story that some are telling.

This dude, John Kennedy (not to be confused with the smart guy of the same name) came out and said that Ukraine and Russia were responsible.

He got lambasted in the media.

So he apologized and said, “Russia attacked us. I was wrong. I’m sorry.”

The next day:

“It was Russia and Ukraine.”

He told a lie, apologized for it, told it again! Keeps saying it! He knows it isn’t true!

Yet, not to be out done, Tucker Carlson said that he didn’t know who he was rooting for, Russia, or American ally, Ukraine.

He was lambasted.

Next day:

“What’s wrong with Putin anyway?”

Does he believe that Putin wants to see America succeed?

Yet, I kinda’ lost it when someone posted a message on Facebook saying;

“I can post whatever I want. Don’t fact check me because I don’t want to hear it. I’m gonna believe what I want to.”

Okay.

Sounds good.

But one little thing you might want to do as the alternate universe of falsehoods are woven into a blindfold that you’re wearing over your eyes:

Facts matter.

And the facts are:

It’s a mess...

...and they’re lying to you.

About all of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie