A Deep Breath

We certainly had a more subdued Christmas experience this year, but it was relaxed and a whole lot of fun.

I did my best to not get caught up in the rat race of it, and spent a fair amount of time, as the boys were unwrapping their gifts, and remembering them as young boys.

It definitely zings on by.

In just ten short years they’ll all be in their 30’s or knocking on the door.

Just like that.

I made lobster this year to go with the steak.

It was gone fast. Eight tails in ten minutes. They had a box of 15-20 tails for $149...

...I actually thought about that.

“You shoulda’ done it,” Sam said.

And as I cleaned up, I kinda’ wished I had.

And Christmas is cool because now the house is clean. Sam opened his presents and Kathy set them up (despite only shopping online) so I didn’t have to ask him twice to clean the kitchen floor.

My dogs ate all their bones...

...and the teamed up to form a cloud in the living room.

Melky is knocking at the door of 14 and Paris will be 11 this year.

No guarantees they’ll be here next Christmas.

So they got all they wanted.

I hope that everyone got a minute to take a breath, and that it wasn’t all just a hassle.

It was 45 degrees on Christmas morning. The sky was clear, and I pulled the cool air into my lungs and looked up.

Too much time is lost to chasing money to pay the bills without looking around a little.

I thought about the past fun, the coming dinner, and what lies ahead.

It was a one word prayer as I looked up.

“Thanks.”

I watched a bird soar,a squirrel scamper, and my well-aged dogs heading for the car.

One word was enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie