Don Imus

I used to listen to the radio for entertainment

Howard Stern mostly, but before Sirius radio I would also tune in to Don Imus out of New York.

He mumbled a lot. I never got his sense of humor. He seemed mostly miserable.

Yet he also had a ranch where he’d give back...

...so I’d listen.

Of course, back then I would also listen to Jay Thomas and I truly miss him. He made me laugh all the time.

In the heyday of Artie Lange...

...no one was better than Howard.

And Howard was always embroiled in a battle with Imus.

The biggest moment of Imus career may have been his worst moment.

He called the women of the Rutgers basketball team “Nappy-Headed ho’s.”

He was dragged through the mud, as he should have been.

He did the apology tour...

...and I never listened again.

Still, when I heard that Imus died yesterday I felt like a little of my younger days was gone.

I did make a decision a couple of weeks back:

I’m going back to being entertained.

I have had enough of the news.

It’s infuriating.

The news shows bring on one Democrat and one Republican and have them argue. Lies are not called out. It’s all about ratings.

Trump is right about one thing, but not for the reason he thinks...

...the media has done a disservice, but they’ve done it in an effort to prop him up for ratings.

I’m not part of it anymore.

Yesterday I went with 80’s on 8.

The day before I listened to long interviews with Springsteen.

Howard a few days back...

...Imus is no longer an option.

But I want to be entertained in 2020.

Enough of being aggravated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie