Can You Believe It’s December?

I got asked that question yesterday.

“Wow! Can you believe it’s December already?”

“It does come after November,” I answered.

“I know smartass. It just seems that it got here fast this year!”

How does one respond to that?

“January is next,” I said.

“F*** off.”

And I guess that it does seem like time flies the older that you get. I had the same sort of thing happen to me when someone asked:

“How old are you?”

“Fifty-five,” I said.

He walked away after commenting that I am as old as dirt. Then I stood there, mouth agape, thinking:

“I’m fifty-freaking-five years old!”

How’d that happen?

Hardly seems possible!

And I was chatting with someone that I knew back when I was in high school...

...don’t see her much anymore...or more than just a handful of times in 30+ years..

...but still feel like I know her.

‘Cause time is just an illusion.

Does it change anything?

You know what I’m talking about, right?

We all have friends who we don’t see for awhile (I feel like I don’t see ANY of my friends once it gets cold out)

But when we see them again...

...the conversation is the same.

We pick up right where we left off.

‘Course, December is a month that has the illusion of flying by.

So much to do to prepare for the holiday.

(Unless you’re a kid...when we were waiting on Santa, December crawled).

“What’re you doing for Christmas?”

“What do you want for Christmas?

“What are you getting me?”

All questions designed to drive you crazy as you stress out.

“Coming to our Christmas party?”

December will fly.

Only 28 days left.

“Can you believe it’s 2020?” My friend will ask.

“Expected it after 19,” I’ll say.

“But ten years - snap - went by in a flash!”

“Yep.”

“How old will you be in 2030?”

Ah!

F*** off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie