Despicable

Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher was charged with murdering an unarmed, sedated captive.

He held his head up for a photo opportunity, and Gallagher was found guilty.

Over the last couple of weeks it’s been a big story again because Trump gave him a pardon.

The pentagon is quite tested by the interference and it’s so hard for me to even fathom how I can handle the overload of the story because it seems pretty cut and dry to me.

“All is fair in love and war.”

But there are rules against what Gallagher did.

He was punished.

Should have stayed punished.

There are times when I like to try and gauge what others are feeling because, believe it or not, I do understand that there is a possibility that (hold onto your hats here) that I may not be right!

Yet, on this one...

...I don’t get it.

Do we have such low regard for human life that we are going to condone such actions?

Gallagher was deemed a war criminal.

He held the head up like he shot a deer?

What am I missing?

Now, I might have let the story go, but last night I saw another headline:

“Trump to take Navy Seal on 2020 campaign trail.”

It’s being sold as a way to show that Trump is sticking up for the men in uniform...

...there are plenty of men and women of the armed forces who did not murder their captive.

Aren’t there?

And Gallagher will be cheered at this rallies. There will be no mistaking it.

Years ago, under George W., I believe a bunch of soldiers were disciplined for posing with Iraq prisoners...

...and worse.

I think there was urine involved.

Those officers were disciplined because we are America and we are above that sort of thing.

At least we used to be.

So much to be sad about.

Am I wrong?

Educate me...

...cause this feels despicable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie