Pasta & All the Trimmings

Happy Birthday, Dad.

πŸŽ‚

The plan came together mid-week.

“I’ll make the sauce,” John said in the group text.

I won’t eat red sauce out unless I’m at one of the Fazzolari households...

...then it’s game on.

Since it was Dad’s birthday there really was only one way to serve it and that was with a whole bowl filled with meat, and hard-boiled eggs.

I took a good plate of penne pasta, sausage, an egg, a pork chop, a meatball and a piece of garlic bread.

Ate it all.

Then I had cake.

As I ate, I thought of all the Sunday dinners that we all shared through the years.

Corinne brought laughter.

I talked football with Chuckles.

Sunday was always my favorite day of the week because it was always so easy...

...up a little later, church, pasta, football or baseball, nap.

As a kid we’d watch The Jefferson’s, All in the Family...

...the entire family would be gathered.

One television and we’d vote for what we’d watch and then we’d watch what Dad wanted to watch.

So, it was a nice birthday celebration.

We raised a glass and toasted Dad with a little wine.

It wasn’t his Dago red, but he would’ve been good with it...

...then I gave the one copy of the new book to Mom.

“Is this about North Collins?” She asked.

I laughed.

“Kinda’. How could it not be?”

Mom had tears in her eyes, of course.

“Happy Birthday, Papa,” Corinne said.

He’d have really enjoyed that get-together. It was the kind of afternoon he lived for...

...and the sauce was good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie