Juice WRLD

Juice WRLD was a 21-year-old, distinguished in the world of rap music.

He collapsed and died at Chicago Mid-way.

I’ve felt like collapsing at that airport more than once...

...seems like my gate is always a mile away from where we arrived.

“You hear about Juice?” Sam asked.

“Who’s Juice?”

“He was an amazing artist. He had a seizure.”

“Could it have been drug-related?” I asked.

“Maybe.”

Juice WRLD also had the misfortune in dying on the anniversary of the death of John Lennon. That fact, somehow, made its way to my boys.

“Weird that it was the same day as John Lennon,” Sam mentioned.

I actually laughed.

“Are you comparing the two artists?”

“It’s just weird.”

I can remember the exact moment when I heard about Lennon’s death...

...it was before school. We used to put the radio on and listened to music before school. Harv Moore was the DJ who broke the news.

Shock.

Tragic.

Poor guy was only 40.

I often think of all of the music that we lost out on.

I’m just guessing here, but Lennon’s death will be long remembered after Juice is long forgotten.

A few days later, Sam updated me.

“Juice had 70 pounds of weed on him and he swallowed a bunch of pills. Like a whole bunch.”

“Really? That’s a shocker.”

“It’s awful!” Sam said. “He was going to have a huge career. It was an accident.”

“That isn’t an accident,” I said. “He pretty much killed himself.”

After our little conversation, I looked up a few of the lyrics.

Old Juice WRLD had like a half dozen top 100 hits.

“I read the words,” I said to Sam. “Old Juice wasn’t what one might call a ‘deep thinker.’”

“He was great!”

“You ever hear ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon.

“Yep,” Sam said. “Juice WRLD was better.”

I couldn’t even answer that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie