The Whistleblower

When we were growing up there were a couple of things that would get us in trouble:

Bad behavior

And being a tattletale.

My Dad wasn’t big on one kid telling on the other.

He’d say:

“What’re you, a stool pigeon?”

Or worse, he’d call you ‘Valachi’.

We understood ‘Valachi’ to be someone who ratted on a mob figure.

So, I’ve always been a little shy about the Whistleblower program. I never knew anything about it until Russell Crowe played the whistleblower in the big tobacco film.

Yet, I kinda’ understand that when someone blows the whistle, that anonymity is key.

Donald Trump Jr., spilled the beans on Twitter.

Which is ridiculous.

There’s only one reason to name the guy:

To bash him.

It’s a little late because the story he told has been corroborated by everyone associated with the story and even the guy who supposedly committed the crime.

And it’s a crime to be sure. It’s being masked as quid pro quo, but it sounds a lot more like extortion and bribery...

...with the people of the country providing the money.

And I heard an interview with a Trump supporter today:

“If he were to shoot someone on 5th Avenue would he lose your support?”

The woman answered thusly:

“It depends on why he shot them. Maybe he’d have a good reason.”

I shut the radio off...

...went to sports.

Bribery, extortion, racism, the abuse of the constitution.

None of it matters.

So, Mueller can lay out the obstruction of justice...

...the impeachment inquiry can yield mountains of evidence and it just might not matter.

“Have you read the transcripts?” Someone asked Lindsay Graham, who has proven that none of it means a thing.

“I’m not reading it. I wrote it off as B.S.”

He won’t even read about it!!!

That’s his job!!!

I’m just waiting for one of them to stand up and say:

“The whistleblower is a Valachi, stool pigeon!”

That would make me laugh, actually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie