“How’s that Impeachment Thingy Going?”

I was 7-years-old when Nixon resigned.

At 7, I knew that what was happening was straight-up crazy!

“Are we gonna’ be all right?” I asked Dad.

“I don’t know,” he confessed.

Cut to yesterday, and day one of the impeachment inquiry.

We heard from a couple of career diplomats who were sounding the alarm about a president who isn’t just unsure about right and wrong.

We also heard from Nunes and Gym Jordan...

...two guys who brought up Clinton and Steele and Soros and a defense that has a lot of holes in it.

I was in and out of the car, listening to as much as I could stomach.

Absolute lawlessness was being bandied about.

“How’s that impeachment thingy going?” A construction guy asked.

I laughed.

It’s all being treated like some sort of entertainment.

Whole lot of people have zero interest.

My 19-year-old son who calls Trump, “Donny T” and insists:

“He’s a good guy,” just to make me laugh...

...said:

“Is it almost over so people can vote to give him 4 more years?”

I didn’t laugh at that.

He did.

And what’s at stake here is what we will be from here on out.

The men arguing that none of it matters are the same men who demanded that the office of the presidency needs to be ‘untarnished’.

Those who are supposed to be for ‘laws’!

Those who fought for the whistleblower protection act and who now need to put the whistleblower on display.

Those arguing for firsthand evidence while ignoring subpoenas of those who have the evidence.

This is an important moment in time!!!

“I don’t get what’s what,” another guy said. “Everyone knew he’d be a disaster. We wanted a disaster!”

Really?

Are we getting what we wanted?

Cause we are perhaps getting what we deserved.

And then I saw my Mom:

“Nixon was a crook,” she said. “But he was smart. I never thought I’d live through someone like this as a president.”

(Let’s let Mom have the last word).

At least she’s paying attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie