Electronics Overload

Kathy went out on Black Friday.

Didn’t go well.

She was trying to get some crazy deal on an I-phone and because of some garbage with Verizon.

So, because she can hardly move yet, I was hooked in.

I headed into Wal-Mart, which I don’t do more than once a year, and headed straight to the electronics department.

Laptops are only $300???

50-inch televisions are $299?

There are all kinds of cases for I-phones?

Big headphones?

I headed for the back counter and it seemed like 70 people were just standing around.

“Is there a line here?” I asked.

A guy in a ‘Make America Great’ hat said:

“It’s a mess.”

So, I edged by him and walked up to a guy behind the counter.

“My wife was in here last night and tried, unsuccessfully, to buy an I-phone.”

I handed him the slip of paper and he said:

“Oh, I have that right here.”

Couple of clicks later and he asked:

“Are you the account holder?”

“No.”

“You’ll have to be in the account to get the phone.”

He pulled up the account and I noticed that it was just Kathy and the boys on the list. (I have my own account through work).

“I’m Jacob,” I said.

He smiled.

“You have your I.D.?”

“It’s in the car.”

He smiled again.

“You aren’t really Jacob, are you?”

“You’re going to make my wife have to come in here?”

It took a full half hour to get things completed.

I looked at a curved 60” television with a perfect picture...

...$500 bucks.

Crazy world.

People all lined up.

Paying $49 a month for the next ten years to buy a phone.

“Want to look around a little?” Kathy asked.

“What do you think?”

We were home within the hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie