Cracked Windshield & Ripped Knee

It’s a never-ending battle to get your shit together isn’t it?

I don’t know who was the comedian who said, “I finally got my shit together and I got it all over myself trying to pick it up.”

We’ve had some uneven weeks here.

Kathy is trying to recoup and that’s been a slow, slow process.

I’ve always done the bulk of the heavy lifting around the house (because I’m mental) but these last few weeks...

...it’s been EVERYTHING!

Which has been all right. Doesn’t bother me much...

...but pressure has been on.

By Friday I could see the end of the week on the horizon.

A time to take a deep breath.

All my shit together.

“Damn! My knee hurts.”

I went up some stairs.

Sounded like I was walking in leaves.

The particular knee in question has been operated on twice. I know what a torn meniscus feels like.

Went to work. Was still able to climb around, but the pain was becoming more constant.

“You gotta’ fix it,” Kathy said.

“Nope. Not now.”

So, whatever. You can get used to anything and sooner or later it’s just a part of your day.

Saturday morning. No pressure. Ride with the dogs.

Started the car and cleared the ice from the windshield.

The tiny little crack that I’d noticed a couple of weeks ago...

...wasn’t tiny anymore.

“Bah!”

I got shit all over me again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie