Mom is 80! Happy Birthday!

On Saturday we gathered to celebrate Mom’s birthday and as usual, Jim made enough food for 500 and we all did our best to make sure Mom knows how much she’s loved...

...and she had a great time.

Got some Red Lobster gift cards, some Yankees gear and a few scratchers...which she loves.

And she looks great!

At one point she was stepping out for a cigarette and my Aunt Franny asked her when she was gonna quit smoking.

“I’m 80! It’s gone all right.”

And Pops hooked us up too with wontons stuffed with pepper stuffing.

They were gone.

And when I think of Mom two words come to mind:

1). Books - my love of reading was her gift to me.

And

2). Strength - she was pregnant 27 out of 31 months! She never stopped working when we were all there and the washer and dryer never stopped. She’d have your clothes back in your room, folded, and put away before you were ready to wear a shirt again.

And she handled Dad...

...no easy task.

So, we had a nice time...

...paying tribute...

...to an amazing Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie