Thankfulness

Truth be told, the longer you go, the less enthusiastic one may be about some things in life.

It’s easy to do.

“Life goes on. Long after the thrill of living is gone.”

Mellencamp wrote a great line there, and someone quoted it to me after we found out about the death of a small town friend.

And here comes Thanksgiving.

An odd year here.

We don’t have a kid in the house for the next four days.

I have some mighty sore legs and I’m the healthy one. Kathy is still in a neck brace for another couple of weeks.

The wind is howling outside.

One show leads to the next.

But I’m thankful.

And lately, I’ve taken to ignoring the outside noise that has dominated the news. Russia’s plan for America was to bring unrest in the form of disinformation that would directly divide the country.

It worked, and it wouldn’t have had there been some attention paid to what we need to be thankful for.

We’re free here.

I have a roof over my head, more than enough to eat, good kids, a wife on the mend, a bunch of friends, and a couple of old dogs who watch my every move.

My Mom celebrated her 80th birthday. I am in contact with all of my siblings all the time.

And there’s a tendency to think about what’s been lost along the way...

...people and loves and dreams...

...and it can take away the thrill of living.

If you dwell on it.

Not gonna’!

Going to eat some turkey and about 4 pounds of stuffing.

Thrilled to be thankful.

For what we have.

Bono had a line too.

“What you don’t have you don’t need it now.”

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie