The Future

House was quiet, with the exception of the humming dishwasher.

I was on one couch, with Melky beside me and Paris at my feet.

My patient was on the other couch...

...suffering.

The brace still on her neck but her feet and knees being the bigger problem as she is still healing from knee surgery too!

“If you were a horse they’d have put you down,” I said.

She laughed.

“Are you looking around at the future?” She asked. “No one here, trying not to move and Netflix asking us if we’re really still watching after so many hours.”

We were on a English show called ‘Red Rock’ that has about 7,000 short episodes. We’d been watching a large part of the past two days and we were only on episode 23.

“We’ll still be watching this,” I said.

I was doing a whole lot of things in the meantime...

...made roast beef, did the laundry, cleaned a little, was writing some notes in the phone, and of course, giving my elderly dogs a lot of my time.

“Have we heard from the boys?” Kathy asked.

That, in and of itself is a older couples question.

“I’ve been texting Jake & Matt. Not a lot from Sam.”

I tried him.

Kathy called him.

A few minutes later we’d heard from him.

He was watching football. Would be around later.

I even baked brownies!

Took them out of the oven, let them cool, sprinkled some sugar on them and cut them and put ‘em on a plate.

Neither of us wanted one.

Sam ate a few when he arrived.

Melky cried at 7:30.

“She wants to go to bed,” I said. “It’s too early, Melk.”

“It’s been a long ass day,” Kathy said.

Yep.

The future!

“Are you still watching?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie