Happy Halloween

I missed it.

Actually, I made my daily trek by the grocery store and saw a bag of candy.

I grabbed it just in case.

The boys aren’t actually here much and they certainly aren’t putting costumes on and making the trip around the neighborhood, but it doesn’t appear that any of the little kids around here are either.

Even if they do go, they don’t stop here...

...courtesy of Melky who can barely even make it to the door.

But her reputation is what it is. She looks scary.

I never truly cared for Halloween when it was fashionable to dress up. I was always too self-conscious. I dressed as a woman once, a pimp once, bought a Howard Stern costume, and had a couple of masks.

Yet, there are a lot of people who really get excited for it.

Jake went to a haunted house last night...

...made me laugh because when they were kids I sprung for all of us to go on a haunted hayride.

A guy in a sheet jumped out and yelled ‘boo’ and we suddenly had 3 crying kids.

I had to beg the guy to stop the horse and we walked back to the car.

“No refunds” the guy said.

Nice dude.

Ghosts and witches and vampires and goblins.

What the hell is a goblin?

It’s all seemed silly to me.

So, I missed it.

I have a bag of kit-kats to show for it...

...and we’re just two days from daylight savings time...

...which seems dumb to me too...

...but at least we get an hour!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie