๐Ÿ‘Œ Okay! That’s Enough!!

All summer long I kept a golf ball in my driver’s side door.

When I’d get agitated by work, I’d pick it up and use it as a stress ball, thinking, “5 days until I tee off...4 days left...2 days away!”

It was all very comforting.

We all knew the snow was coming on Monday.

“8 to 10 inches,” the weatherman crowed.

I fell asleep at my normal time. Woke up a few hours later and looked out the window.

My alarm was set for a full hour before I’d normally get up.

I woke a half-hour before that.

Then all hell broke loose. Melky needs to make a direct beeline from bed to backyard or she’ll have an accident. She also struggles to get up these days.

So, I headed out to the car and started clearing the snow.

“I’m freezing!” I yelled. “This sucks!!”

Ran back into the house...

...and poor Melky was standing there.

She hadn’t made it, and was ashamed that I left her hanging.

I let her out and she immediately cried to come back in.

It was only 6:30 but I needed to get on the road because I had zero idea how long it might take me to handle a 12-mile drive.

I turned the key and the dashboard lit up.

“Low tire pressure!”

“Bah!!!”

I went for the tire gauge...

...at drivers side door.

Picked up my golf ball.

“180 days until I tee off,” I cried.

Come on, now.

I’ve had enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie