I Miss My Hair

I remember my Dad’s 60th birthday.

I asked him if it was weird to realize that he was turning 60.

“In my mind I still feel like I’m in my 30’s.”

I know what he means now. I kinda’ feel that way...

...and age is just a number and all that, but.

I saw a photo of me from high school. Someone had placed it on Facebook.

I had a huge head of hair.

Kinda’ like my boy Sam has now.

I miss my hair.

It started falling out and going grey when I was only in my 20’s.

In my 30’s I asked the young girl who was cutting my hair if I’d be bald or grey.

“It’ll be a good race,” she said.

My Grandpa Clifford was bald.

I figured I’d suffer the same fate, but I still have a little hair left.

In fact, I want to get it cut this week. It seems unruly.

Now, a haircut takes minutes.

Then I make the poor girl shampoo my hair with the shampoo that makes my head tingle.

I’d imagine that in a few years I’ll be shaving my own head.

I’ll still feel 35...

...even though I’ll be heading hard towards 60.

I’ll still miss my hair!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie