Chill Wind

I didn’t actually believe that I wouldn’t hit another golf ball for awhile.

Somehow I’d talked myself into believing that this was to be the year when it would stay warm all the way through.

Then I heard it:

A howling wind outside my bedroom window. Melky heard it too. She nosed up the shade and we both looked out.

“Not good,” I said.

It got worse.

I headed to the convenience store for the paper and that howling wind was bitingly cold.

“It’s gonna’ snow this week,” my friend the clerk said. “Not a blizzard or anything, but some.”

“Thanks for the good news.”

On the way back into the house I had to retrieve my garbage can.

“How is it out?” Sam asked.

I gave him a thumbs down. 👎

So that’s that with that.

We are officially trapped in suckville.

30 days in November, 31 in December, 31 more in January, 28-putrid days in February and then half of March, at least.

140 days of the chill wind in the air.

Darkness all around.

My coat was just a windbreaker.

It didn’t work quite well enough.

I have two more coats...

...I’ll be wearing my second heaviest one next week.

Then the Carhartt with the hoodie underneath.

“We choose to live here,” the clerk said.

I suppose that’s right...

...it doesn’t make it any warmer though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie