The Freaking Bills Are 9 & 3

It’s been a weird football season.

There are some absolutely horrible teams:

The Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, Redskins, Falcons, Jets (most of the time), Denver.

Just awful.

Like they aren’t even trying.

So, it’s been hard to get a handle on whether or not the teams who are actually winning.

Are they actually good?

I have zero idea how good the 10-1 Patriots and 49ers are.

The Ravens hammered the Patriots but the Browns also hammered the Ravens.

The Bills?

They needed final drives to beat the Jets and the winless Bengals. They got beat by the Browns and hammered by the mediocre Eagles.

Yesterday, I imagined that they would be stuffed in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

That’s what the Bills have done for the last 20+ years...

...lost when it matters most.

Dallas went 75 yards to score on the first drive and I felt dread...

...not for me (I really don’t care) but for my boys. They’ve seen one playoff game in all the years they’ve been alive and the Bills scored 3 points in that game.

“They’re going to win,” Sam said. “And they’ll beat Pittsburgh and the Jets too. I got them at 11-5 at the worst.”

I laughed.

“Poor clueless bastard,” I texted.

Well, guess what text I received when the Bills scored to go up 26-7?

Yeah.

“Poor clueless bastard.”

I laughed again.

They actually looked good!!

But how good?

Can they actually compete in the playoffs???

Is anyone thinking:

Shhhhhhh:

Super Bowl?

I know three young men who BILLieve!

Me?

No clue.

But the freaking Bills have won 9 out of 12...

...maybe I AM the clueless bastard.

Sam gets the final two words on the subject (he texted it when the score went final).

“LET’S GO!!!!!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie