Nurse Ratched

First off, what a truly difficult operation Kathy had.

There are moments when I feel so badly for her, and there’s not a whole lot I can do to help.

There are also moments when I’m happy to be heading off to work.

For her, as it would be for me, the worst part is sitting still for this long. She watches a lot of murder mystery shows and at this rate she’s going to have a working knowledge of every murder ever committed.

I can’t actually take the ones with the narrator and the bad acting in the re-enactments.

Yet, the rough part is that I’m also in charge of pretty much everything - Sam is also running around getting drinks and blankets but there have been a whole lot of times when I’ve just settled in...

...and I get the, “Hey, when you get up can you grab me a drink?”

And I’ve stayed pretty patient because, like I said, she’s really trying to battle it.

Hasn’t been able to sleep in the bed yet.

Carrying her coffee cup to the couch from the kitchen is a chore...

...I’ve been banged up, for sure, through the years, but it goes all the way back to my tendon tear in ‘96 when I had to depend on someone to do everything.

Kathy did it for me back then.

(Might be the last time she made dinner two nights in a row).

But again, it’s the boredom.

There’s only so much television that you can watch, and not being physically able to do much more?

“How many days left?” Kathy asked in a break in conversation.

“Thirty-two,” I said.

“Oh God! Get a gun,” she replied.

“Don’t tempt me.”

“Shut up. And when you get up can you get me some ice cream?”

“Yes, dear.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie