Swinging Helmet

Myles Garrett won’t be playing football for the Browns for the rest of the year.

Unless you’ve been under a rock, you’ve seen the footage.

A brawl broke out at the very end of the Browns game with the Steelers. The Steelers QB, Mason Rudolph, was the guy wrestling around with Garrett. They were both yanking at each other’s helmets and Garrett got Rudolph’s.

Then he swung it...

...in an effort to put it back on, I guess.

Ugly scene.

I was initially horrified until Pops reminded me of some of the brawls I used to get into with my brothers back in the day.

“You were all trying to brain one another.”

True.

Yet, I thought about the worst things I’d seen in sport.

1). Kermit Washington breaking Rudy T’s face back in the 1980’s. Horrible. Still the worst. It was a sucker punch and it nearly killed Rudy T.

2). Marty McSorely banged his hockey stick over Donald Brashear’s head. A seizure on ice is scary. Clear assault and battery.

3). Ronald Artest going into the crowd. Horrible! That one still makes me sick.

So, Myles Garrett takes his place in the top 5, of guess.

It was a glancing blow.

Thank God.

Temper, temper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie