We Hardly Knew Ya’

My teenage dog, Melky, is absolutely destroying my night of rest. We share the bed, of course, and lately, she’s been waking up for:

1). A drink of water and 2). A trip to the restroom.

She just lets out a little cry and I’m awake and at her service.

Brutal.

The other night, as she headed outside, I grabbed my phone.

“Antonio Brown is heading to the Buffalo Bills.”

What???

Under the reporting for the story there was a comment by Antonio Brown.

“Fake news,” he wrote.

By morning, the story was alive.

Depending on who you believe it sort of went down like this:

The Bills and Steelers agreed to the parameters of the deal and then Brown and his agent told everyone that he would retire rather than play in Buffalo.

Most everyone I saw who I know as a Bills fan was pretty excited about the possibility of Brown on the Bills. When it was discovered that he had dissed the city it turned into:

“Never wanted him! He’s a cancer. We need solid citizens.”

(Like Shady? We have Orenthal on the wall!)

Yet, it sucks that Buffalo gets a bad rap as a place to live!

Despite my busting on the poor showing of the Bills & Sabres & despite the fact that I hate being cold and driving in the snow...

...I would not want to live anywhere else.

We work hard!

The weather gets a bad rap. May through October is great. We don’t have tornadoes, fires or hurricanes.

Traffic is manageable!

Housing is affordable.

Awesome restaurants!

Medical care is great.

Most of my family is here.

Many of my friends too.

Jim Kelly didn’t want to come here either. Legend has it that he cried when the Bills drafted him.

He lives right around the corner.

Could’ve moved anywhere.

Stayed right here.

Yeah, who needs a diva wide receiver?

The Bills tried it before with T.O....

...we even gave him a key to the city.

He did nothing for the city.

Bye, bye Brown.

Hope you end up stuck in traffic somewhere else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie